Tuesday, June 15, 2010

leta armstrong aka four eyes



leta was born just a few months before harper. she lodged a place in my heart early on because her mother wrote such achingly honest things about new motherhood. while eveyone around me was discussing the merits of organic sunscreen and fretting about being able to fit into their skinny jeans, heather aka dooce was making jokes about putting tequila in leta's baby bottle or discussing her love for her "charming geek" of a husband, jon. i had a chance to meet them both at a book signing last year and while i wanted to say something like, you guys fucking rule and i wish you lived next door so we could play cards and laugh our nads off, i just waited with the rest of the moms in the long line at barnes & noble to have my copy of her latest book signed.



afterwards, when i was sitting on a couch waiting for my friends to get through the line, jon came over and gave me a big hug and thanked me for coming. i am not sure why he did that but it sure was cool.

No comments: