Tuesday, May 12, 2009

life choices


i'm 35 now. and to mark the occasion, i suppose i could l have picked out a cardigan from ann taylor and gone to olan mills for some douchy photo shoot where the photographer gently tucks my hair behind one ear-you know-because it looks more natural. but as my life would have it, i was greeted by mimes and pirates and transvestited ceos. i was replicated on masks and my likeness was drawn on posters. i know this is the sort of activity that bars me from consideration with the junior league but, whatever, they have such shitty snacks.

i love my friends. i do.

5 comments:

Nicole Callihan said...

And we love you! Happy birthday, you non-Junior-Leaguing-beer-swilling-short-dress-wearing-snack-hating doozy of a woman! Can't wait to plant a birthday kiss on that pretty face of yours!

robyn said...

Is that a drip-dry glove? Very nice!

Happy Birthday! Wish I could have been at that party.

Barb at 11:11 said...

really though, what is up with the glove? but I got to see you live and take the photo :)

souki said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have I mentioned that "you don't look a day over 25"? Truth.

Jen said...

AWESOME, Kate...YOU ROCK 35 like nobody else ever could!!!!!!!!!!!